Who suits tutoring?
Every student will benefit from tutoring, but needs can be divided into three levels:
- Gifted and Talented Students – Sometimes gifted students learning needs are not being fully challenged in the classroom setting due to their high level of achievement or they want to spend more time extending their learning in a subject. At tutoring, students are assessed and taught to their academic age rather than their chronological age.
- Students wanting to reach their full potential – Often parents want to help their children achieve the very best results. Tutoring extends their classroom learning, solidifies concepts and provides opportunities to further clarify new thinking.
- Students struggling with learning – For various reasons students have missed learning opportunities and their families want help in order for them to catch up. At tutoring the assessment will identify learning gaps and tailor the tuition programme to fill these.
Mindfull Tutoring tutors have experience with a wide range of learning needs; all students are tested and an individualised lesson plan is developed.
Why use Mindfull Tutoring?
We have a strong belief in teaching each student to ensure their individual learning needs are met so they flourish in their chosen area of study. Lessons and progress are closely monitored to enable the best possible learning materials to be used which meet the student’s present learning needs in each and every lesson. Owner, Claire Howarth, has a very hands-on approach to her business and likes to personally check on students’ progress and observe them during lessons.
- Knowledgeable and experienced tutors – All tutors work in the education field, with good content knowledge. Owner, Claire Howarth, personally supports tutors and monitors lessons.
- Aligned with and supportive of in-school education – Mindfull Tutoring will work alongside your classroom teacher to identify learning gaps and to reinforce and extend classroom education.
- Real, measurable results – We have created a tailored learning programme to target areas for improvement, filling learning gaps that can go unnoticed in a classroom situation due to the sheer numbers of students and varying needs.
- Individualised Learning programme – We assess each student using NZ curriculum assessment tools to identify learning gaps and create a tailored learning programme to target these areas and extend learning.
- 100% of time spent with tutors – All tutoring is completed alongside our experienced tutors, we do not use computer activities.
- Latest teaching pedagogy – We use the best traditional teaching methods and combine it with the latest in professional teaching practice, to ensure your child has all the tools to succeed.
- Low teacher/student ratios – We have consistent ratios of one tutor to two students. We find this extremely valuable as it allows us to constantly monitor students and capture all teachable moments. The only time this varies is Year 9 – 12 English, where 3 students attend at a time, as this allows for in-depth discussions which are needed at this level.
- Approachable, quality advice – Mindfull Tutoring is always happy to provide education advice on test results, curriculum and schooling.
- Full academic year tutoring service – Mindfull Tutoring is available for the full school year to ensure support is on hand around examinations and during assessment times.